Monday 9 November 2009

Photos in Yangon 2009


Visiting the International Buddhist Missionary University in Yangon, July 2009
1.  I am squatting in front of a row of Theravada Buddhist monks from three different countries (China, Thailand and Laos). We were visiting the International Buddhist Missionary University in Yangon. Behind us in the photo is the main administration building. I am wearing a longyi, the traditional sarong of Myanmar.

Front of Foreign Yogi Building at Mahasi Sasana Yeithka July 2009
2. Sri Lankan yogi Mihindu Pulukkody is standing near the front door of the male foreign yogi building at Mahasi Sasana Yeithka in Yangon.

Front of Foreign Yogi Building at Mahasi Sasana Yeithka July 2009
3. The front of the male foreign yogi building at Mahasi Sasana Yeithka in Yangon.

Volunteers and Michael at Saddhamaransi Yeithka June 2009
4. I am standing with three women who regularly do voluntary work at Saddhamaransi Yeithka in Yangon. The woman standing on the far right is Dr Than Than Nyien. She translated for me when I attended meditation interviews. The other woman standing next to me is Daw Wai Wai, a retired veterinarian who mainly worked in the front office. She also helped me a lot. The woman with dark hair could not speak English and I do not know her name.

Donating food to Sayadaw U Kundala in June 2009
5.
I am donating some food to Sayadaw U Kundala, the Abbot of Saddhamaransi Yeithka in Yangon. The young man on the left of the photo is the Sayadaw's nephew (I think) who is the Sayadaw's main carer.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Michael,

Anumodhana sathu sathu sathu for your great practise in the Dhamma. I wish you be successful and attain the phala the soonest.
By the way, the way you posted the photos as a backdrop and the letters describing on them is difficult to read! Please kindly adjust it so that everyone can read it well.

May the Dhamma take good care of you along this journey.

Best always,
Wasana

Kaliyuke said...

Hi Wasana, Thank you for good-will and letting me know about the table display problem. I usually browse the Internet with Firefox and the table with photos displayed fine. I tried Explorer 7 and found the it was unable to display the table properly. I edited the HTML code and fixed it. It looks fine now.
Michael