Sunday 13 December 2009

6-Month Intensive Advanced Meditation Retreat - Ven. Pa Auk Sayadaw

I post this information below directly from an e-mail I received from one of the organisers. I will not attend personally. Myanmar is tough on the body and Pa Auk Tawya Meditation Centre, Mawlamyine is particularly tough, especially during the hot months from March to June. Food is not good and living conditions are hard to bear for softies like me. I shall try a centre in Sri Lanka with teachers trained at Pa Auk Tawya. MK

---------------------------------------------------------

6-Month Intensive Advanced Meditation Retreat

1st Jan 2010 – 30th Jun 2010

Conducted by the most Venerable Pa Auk Sayadaw

We are pleased to announce that the 6-Month Intensive Advanced Meditation Retreat has been confirmed with the details below :-

Venue : Pa Auk Tawya Meditation Centre, Mawlamyine, Mon State, Myanmar

Date : 1st Jan 2010 – 30th Jun 2010

Please note that this is a special intensive meditation retreat and the participants are selected personally by the most venerable Pa Auk Sayadaw.

Meanwhile, the monastery’s whole year round retreat will continue as usual.

A very big sadhu to those who have dana to this meritorious deed. May you all be well & happy and attain to the highest truth, Nibbana.

Sadhu, sadhu, sadhu …………

With Metta
Organising Committee

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Dear Michael,

It seems the trips were very harsh, esp. when you were not in a good health. I wish you recover from the cold and be healthy again the soonest.
Some names/terms written in your blog sound unfamiliar for me due to different pronunciations in Thai, though I can decode some of them.
Please keep on updating the blog if you have some time, so that I can follow your trip, even only by my imagination.
May the Dhamma take good care of you along the journey.
Best always,
Wasana